You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
About Smart Dubai Gov
Dubai Government Services Directory
Listen to this page
Browse By Language
Translated Pages in Other Languages
About Dubai Smart Government
Awqaf and Minors Affairs Foundation
Community Development Authority
Department of Economic Development
Department of Finance
Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing
Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority
Dubai Civil Aviation Authority
Dubai Civil Defence
Dubai Corporation for Ambulance Services
Dubai Electricity and Water Authority
Dubai Export Development Corporation
Dubai Government Human Resources Department
Dubai Government Workshop
Dubai Health Authority
Dubai Judicial Institute
Dubai Media Incorporated
Dubai Public Prosecution
Dubai Sports Council
Dubai Statistics Center
Dubai Women’s Establishment
Financial Audit Authority
General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs-Dubai
Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University
Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Award for Distinguished Academic Performance
Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities
Knowledge and Human Development Authority
Mohammed Bin Rashid Housing Establishment
Mohammed Bin Rashid School of Government
Mohammed Bin Rashid Space Centre
Nedaa- Professional Communication Corporation
Office of HH The Crown Prince of Dubai
Protocol Department of Dubai
Roads and Transport Authority
Smart Dubai Government Establishment
The Dubai Supreme Council of Energy
The Executive Council of Dubai
The Government of Dubai Legal Affairs Department
Browse by Topics
People of Determination
CSR in Dubai
Reports & Statistics in Dubai
Entrepreneurship in Dubai
Parks and Beaches in Dubai
Excellence Awards in Dubai
Human Rights in Dubai
Festivals in Dubai
UAE President's Website
UAE Cabinet Website
Crown Prince of Dubai official website
Federal National Council
Ministry of Presidential Affairs
Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding
Dubai Economic Council
Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research
Telecommunications Regulatory Authority
GCC Secretariat General
Website of the late Sheikh Zayed
Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan
Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Mohammed Al Qasimi
Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Sheikh Mansoor Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein
Abu Dhabi eGovernment
Dubai Smart Government
Ras Al Khaimah eGovernment
Ajman Digital Government
Umm Al Quwain eGovernment
Dubai Government Service Directory
Dubai Governernment Service Directory
Application for Entering into a Marriage Contract
This service is provided by
Application for Entering into a Marriage Contract
This service allows conclusion of lawful marriage contract between man and woman lawfully permissible for the man to be married. This service requires submission of medical report required to conclude the contract issued by formal body in the state. Subject to the marriage conditions of female citizens holding state passports, their marriage conditions of non-citizens, conditions of certain Emirates and marriage conditions of citizens of certain countries, citizens and residents of Muslims who enjoy full marriage capacity shall have the right to apply for this service, if either party to contract is resident in Dubai. The marriage capacity is complete by being mature, adult and of 18 years old for whoever is not yet adult. Whoever is adult but not yet eighteen years old may only marry by permission of the judge, having investigated the interest. Whoever is 18 years and not yet 21 years old, must obtain permission of his curator or guardian, or leave of court in case of their rejection. This service is provided by the Personal Status Services Division in the main building of Dubai Courts.
1. To produce original Identity Cards for the concerned parties and the witnesses.
2. Would be husband and Would be wife should produce a medical test report from a Governmental Hospital inside the Country and it should be according to the approved model of the Health Authority.
3. In case of death of Would be wife's father they should produce a Death Certificate.
4. In case of divorce or widowhood of Would be wife they should produce an official document prooving that she is divorced or widow and it should be stamped by the executional manifesto if it is a Judgment issued inside the Country.
5. For Would be wife converted recently to islam she should produce Islam Certificate plus a Marital Staus Certificate from her Country or her Country's Embassy For the new Muslim certificate requires disclosure of the Islam, and if they proceed period mentioned you must attach certification from the Islamic Center of Islamic Affairs and charitable activities Department that passing cycle of Islamic culture, and for new Muslim the certificate in social status (unmarried) of her or her embassy without the consent of the guardian.
6. An official Power of Attorney of the absent party during the Marriage Contract.
7. Any document issued from abroad it should be attested from the following entities: Ministry of Forign Affairs in that Country, Ministry of Forign Affairs of U.A.E, and translated legally into Arabic Language from Ministry of Justice if it was not in Arabic.
8. Any document issued from a Consulate or Embassy inside U.A.E should be attested from Ministry of Forign Affairs and translated into Arabic Language a legal translation approved from Ministry of Justice.
9. To produce a document proof that Would be husband, Would be wife and Would be wife's Guardian (any part of the contract) is a resident, lives or works in Dubai.
Service Terms and Conditions
1. Presence of parties of the Marriage Contract (Would be husband, Would be wife and Would be wife's Guardian plus tow Men Muslems Witnesses.
2. In case of death of Would be wife's Guardian her nearest Guardian should present and he could be as follows )the Son, Brother, Nephew, Oncle and the Cousin.
3. If any one of the Contract Parties could not attend the Marriage Contract ,he can nominate a representative under an official and attested Power of Attorney to act on behalf of him.
4. If the age of the Couples is less than 18 years old or Would be husband's age is twice Would be wife's age they should show the matter to the Endorsement's Judge.
5. If the two Couples are U.A.E Locals the Dowery in advance should not exceed twenty thousands and the later Dowery balance) not exceed thirty thousands) .A.E.D
6. Additional conditions for U.A.E Locals Marriage
7. If there is a Local has a Passport issued from Ajman Emirate and he wants marry to a non G.C.C. Lady , he should bring a non objection letter from Ajman Shariaa Court.
8. U.A.E Local Ladies who want marry to Expatriate, and Local Ladies of Dubai Emirate who want marry to the Holders of U.A.E Passports with out Nationality they should:
9. Would be husband should bring a certificate (of Good Conduct (for non G.C.C. Locals
10. Would be husband and Would be wife should sign on the related acknowledgment
11. Additional conditions for Expatriaies Marriage:
12. Saudis,Omanis, Qataris and Kwaitis )men and women if they want marry to non G.C.C Locals it required to bring approvel letters from the Concerned Authorities in their Contries and it should be duly attested.
13. Bahrainis:if a Bahraini Local wants marry to Non Bahraini Lady it required to bring a duly attested permission from the Concerned Bahraini Authorities.
14. Libyans males: if a Libyan male want marrry to a Non Libyan Lady he should bring an approval letter from the Concerned Authorities in Libya and it should be dully attested.
15. Yemeni Ladies: to do the Marriage Contract for Yemeni Ladies they should bring an approval letter from the Concerned Authorities in their Country and it should be duly attested.
16. Lebanese Ladies: to do their Marriage Contract it requires to bring the Family Civil Register and the Personal Civil Register which should not be older than three months and it should be duly attested from the Concerned Authorities in their Country.
17. Moroccan Ladies:it requires to bring a Singleness Certificate which should not be older than three months duly attested from the Concerned Authorities in their Country.
18. Conditions of doing the Marriage Contract for the Residents out side the Court:
19. If the Marriage Parties (Would be husband, Would be wife and Would be wife's Guardian) are Muslems and one of them has a valid residence in Dubai one of the authorized Maazoons can do the Marriage procedures for them out side the Court according to the above mentioned terms and conditions.
1. Registration Fee: 50.0 DHS
2. Knowledge Dirham: 10.0 DHS
This service is provided by
Customer Care Email: Info@dc.gov.ae
Customer Care Phone: 04-3347777
Customer Care Fax: 04-3344477
Customer Care Working Hours: 7:30 صباحاً إلى 2:30 ظهرا
Copyright © 2000-2018 Smart Dubai Government, All Rights Reserved.
Terms and Conditions
This site is best viewed in Google Chrome , IE 9+ , Firefox and Safari
Site last Updated : 20/08/2019 07:54